INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL MEDIA
In previous few years, technology has achieved unexpected progress. It has brought advancement in people’s lifestyle and daily activities. Social media is also an amazing creation of modern technology. It is the most popular among all the means of communication because it is faster, easier and cheaper to use.
USES OF SOCIAL MEDIA
It is most commonly used for sharing ideas, opinion, feelings, news, etc. These days it is also used for providing online services, for learning purpose. It is widely used for communicating with friends and relatives. One can also use it for finding employment opportunities. Its uses differ according to a person’s intention and interest.
WHY DOES SOCIAL MEDIA MAKE US UNSOCIAL?
• Many people waste their time in social media for no reason they just use it for entertainment these habits make them lazy.
• As social media establish connection among different people worldwide so people learn foreign culture and discourage our original social identity.
• Some people are much keen of sharing their activities in social media this habit can also cause the risk of leakage of their privacy.
• Children who are not much known about bad effects of misuse of social media may get into trouble.
• Since people are using social media for the whole day they prefer to sit inside home they feel difficult while facing people in physical life.
• People use the words to make them fast and easy to write they do not care if it is correct or not. Small children cannot learn correct language.
• Increase in cybercrime.
WHY SOCIAL MEDIA DOES NOT MAKE US UNSOCIAL?
• As social media is a gateway to the global village it helps to exchange culture and tradition among people of different nationality.
• Develops a skill of virtual communication.
• It helps to spread important information very fast because there are a lots of social media users across the world and they share the information to all the people connected to them.
• It keeps us known about current issues.
• It saves our money and time as the words that we want to express to other people reaches to them by just clicking a button.
• Effective for conveying awareness among people who are out of reach by physical means.
• Social media does not make us unsocial if it is used properly.
• It helps to speed up development as communication spreads education.
• Those people make misuse of things who do not know its value so, cyber ethics should be taught to people and encourage them to implement it.
• Provision of punishment should be made for law breakers.
• We should use social media for important work only not for unnecessary things.
-Manavi Kunwar, 9A1-14